by Hannah Keeley
Okay, so my husband Blair is back to join me for today’s Marriage Monday!
We’re talking about something that, when we tell people this, they really don’t believe us!
I’m sure you already know hence the title but… Blair and I have never gotten into a fight. EVER!
We have been married 27 incredible years! No fights, no “silent treatments”, and no childish games!
One of the ways we have succeeded in this, is we have mad communication skills, y’all!
Like, seriously, we don’t play games. If we have a disagreement we discuss it together, like adults!
What you’ll learn:
• Why Blair and I have never gotten into a fight!
• How to state a difference…
• Techniques on how to have a healthy disagreement!
• Communications vs. Games.
• Are you emotionally immature?
• When the argument gets elevated… everyone has lost.
• The most dangerous thing you may value more than your marriage covenant…
“Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry.”
Would you believe me if I told you, you and your spouse don’t ever have to fight again? You’re probably thinking, “But, Hannah, you don’t know my husband…” or “Hannah, he just doesn’t listen…” Look, enough with the excuses! It IS possible! We believe if you apply these tools, your marriage is going to benefit greatly because of it!
Here is your challenge:
– Stop for a second (Don’t blow up! Excuse yourself, take a walk, or just breathe).
– Analyze what you were talking about and thinking about (Try not to make excuses for what you said or how you said it. Switch your perspective and try to see the other person’s view point).
– Realize if you are going down a path that is being led by your emotions (Process your emotions, and make a conscious decision to lead your emotions, not the other way around).
Think of it this way, when you and your spouse get into a heated fight, you’re basically saying that this fight holds more value than the covenant of your marriage does. Let’s fix that!
Blair and I want to see you inside of The Marriage Kitchen! It’s an 8 module course where we heat things up in the kitchen (literally… a pressure cooker is no joke, y’all!) and share all of our tips and tricks with you! I mean, the very first module is all about the topic of communication… If that’s not a sign, I don’t know what is!
So get inside The Marriage Kitchen, apply the tools, and watch your marriage be blessed like crazy 😉