Stuffed French Toast
Posted: Apr 15 2012
This is such a delicious breakfast idea (or lunch or dinner or a late-night snack). This recipe calls for sandwiches to be stuffed with a mixture of cream cheese and fruit preserves, but you can also use Nutella, which is one of my kiddos' favorites--and mine, too!
Why not make some of this one morning this week and surprise your husband with breakfast in bed?
Who knows...it could make for a very delicious (and adventurous) morning!
12 slices whole wheat bread (can also use french bread)
6 Tbsp cream cheese
1/4 cup fruit preserves (100% fruit)
1/2 cup milk
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
Powdered sugar, if desired
1. Combine cream cheese and fruit preserves.
2. Use mixture to make six sandwiches.
3. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla together with a whisk.
4. Butter a hot griddle (or spray with cooking spray) and heat skillet to medium-low heat. Dip each side of sandwich into egg mixture. Cook sandwiches 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
5. Transfer to plate and dust with powdered sugar.