You may be thinking, 'egg salad? You couldn't come up with anything better than...egg salad?'
Well, the reason I'm posting this recipe is because it's the best egg salad I've ever come across. I knew it was good, but I realized it was killer when one of my daughter's friends asked if she could pack up some and take it home with her.
I think the thing that makes this so good is the seasoned rice vinegar. Don't be afraid to give it a splash more. It's delicious! You can find the seasoned rice vinegar, as well as the Srirachi in the Asian food section at your local grocery store.
Oh, and one more tip? I often add some firm tofu to the egg salad to make it stretch further and add protein without all the cholesterol. It's got the same texture as eggs, and you don't even know it's there! For this recipe, I would add about 1/3-1/2 cup of tofu. Try it and see. I bet your kids won't even know it's there.
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- seasoning salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp seasoned rice vinegar
- dash of Sriracha sauce (that asian hot sauce)
1. Chop up the eggs, leaving it kinda chunky.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients.
3. Mix it all up, make a sandwich, and then put it away before you make another one...and another one...and another one.